If your child has a suspected concussion bring him or her to Righttime Medical Care for immediate evaluation.
HeadFirst will schedule a follow-up appointment with your child after the initial evaluation. Children over the age of 5 will take the ImPACT concussion test, and will be seen by one of our providers who will create a follow- up care plan that will allow the child to safely return to learn, work, and play.
What to Expect from Your HeadFirst Visit
Services within our continuum of care:
- Education for the patient and caregivers
- Establish follow-up care to help patient return to school, work, and physical activity
- Document sharing with physicians, athletic trainers, coaches, teachers, employers, and others
- Care plans for school, sports, and work
- Specialist referrals if clinically indicated
Completion of care:
- Upon discharge, discharge summary sent to your primary care provider
- Completed return to activity forms sent to your primary care provider, school, sports organizations, and/or employer
Brain 101 : What's a Concussion?
Studies have shown effective concussion management requires a school-wide approach.