If your child has a suspected concussion bring him or her to Righttime Medical Care for immediate evaluation.
HeadFirst will schedule a follow-up appointment with your child after the initial evaluation. Children over the age of 5 will take the ImPACT concussion test, and will be seen by one of our providers who will create a follow- up care plan that will allow the child to safely return to learn, work, and play.
What to Expect from Your HeadFirst Visit
Services within our continuum of care:
- Education for the patient and caregivers
- Establish follow-up care to help patient return to school, work, and physical activity
- Document sharing with physicians, athletic trainers, coaches, teachers, employers, and others
- Care plans for school, sports, and work
- Specialist referrals if clinically indicated
Completion of care:
- Upon discharge, discharge summary sent to your primary care provider
- Completed return to activity forms sent to your primary care provider, school, sports organizations, and/or employer
The symptoms of a concussion can be tough for kids to recognize.. Dr. Mike Evans is founder of the Health Design Lab at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute explains concussions for kids and parents.