Join Our Team
Job Satisfaction Goes Beyond Helping Our Patients
As a HeadFirst Concussion Care team member, you’ll receive a competitive total compensation package. We’re proud that our benefits include options to help make your life and work more enjoyable and rewarding.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Free Medical Visits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work / Life Balance
Click on the title of the position you're interested in to read a job description and apply!
We invite providers who are interested in career opportunities with HeadFirst Sports Injury and Concussion Care to contact Andrew Bernhard at 443-332-4260x 8513 or email@example.com. This includes Board-certified physicians, physician assistants and and nurse practitioners who are licensed in Maryland.
HeadFirst Educator / Certified Athletic Trainer
The role of the HeadFirst Educator/ATC is to teach and create awareness regarding current issues surrounding concussions to parents, athletes, coaches, athletic trainers, and educators in both the clinical and community settings. The criteria of these discussions involve a pre-established menu of topics to include, but not limited to: basic concussion 101, signs and symptoms, baseline/post-injury neuro-cognitive testing and navigating the road of medical care after a TBI. These discussions will be held during HeadFirst Concussion Clinics, scheduled team baseline screenings, as well as HeadFirst community outreach endeavors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Nothing in this job description rejects management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.)
• Maintain knowledge of all systems related to the operation of the HeadFirst Sports Injury and Concussion Care Clinics
• Facilitate patient flow throughout the HeadFirst Concussion Clinics by coordinating staff, physical space, equipment, resources and physician to reduce patient’s time spent in the Care Center
• Complete chart documentation in assigned areas, ensuring consistency, legibility, accuracy and clinical reasoning
• Ensuring the HeadFirst Proctor and other clinical staff operate efficiently and create an atmosphere focused on delivering high quality customer service and maintaining patient satisfaction.
• Support the administration of Impact Baseline and Post-Injury testing according to the standards established by HeadFirst Sports Injury and Concussion Care
• Maintain the appearance of the Care Center inside and out to provide a neat and business-like environment for patients and other visitors
• Ensure medical and office equipment is in proper working order
• Control inventory levels through proper and cost effective ordering
• Promote a safe working environment in accordance with applicable laws and regulations including HIPAA, OSHA and MOSH
• Interpret and support corporate goals
• Participate as needed in community outreach and marketing events promoting Education and Awareness of Concussion and sports related injuries.
• Required but not limited to, evening shifts and weekend days
• Facilitate and/or attend all department, management, special project meetings and training
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education and/or Experience)
The requirements listed below are representative for the knowledge, skill, and or ability required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine, Health Science or other similar clinical background
• Board certified through the National Athletic Trainers Association and licensed to practice in applicable state
• Minimum 3 year experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer
• Marketing, Clinical and or customer service background experience preferred
• Communication skills: excellent interpersonal skills, ability to read, analyze and interpret documents; ability to respond effectively to all inquiries; ability to write using proper grammar, punctuation and spelling; ability to present information
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Windows applications; ability to use Excel; word processing; spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
• Ability to deal with confidential information appropriately
• Relies on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Ability to work independently on projects and as a member of a team
• Ability to multi-task and organize and prioritize workload
• Works well under general supervision
• This job operates in a healthcare selling. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the care center. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious
• Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that arc required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HeadFirst Director of Operations Daniel Pokrifka at firstname.lastname@example.org.